Call For Free Consultation

(248) 451-2200

Does A Letter To The Judge Asking Him To Review A DUI Sentence Have To Be Filed With The Court First?

Q. I want to write a letter to the judge in Sterling Heights to reconsider a harsh DUI sentence that I have been given.

A. Your best bet is to have a lawyer familiar with your judge write a motion to modify terms of probation. A letter is not a terrible idea and it can be sent directly to the judge and should not just be a tale of what you can’t do but a thoughtful explanation of what is best in this case and why you want and need it changed.

Complete the form below

  • Bloomfield Hills, MI Office

    2525 S. Telegraph Rd. Suite 100
    Bloomfield Hills, MI 48302
    Phone: (248) 451-2200
    Fax: 248-456-8470