Call For Free Consultation

(248) 221-1060

Drivers License Lawyers By Me

If you have lost your driver’s license following a drunk driving conviction or other traffic offense, an experienced Michigan criminal defense lawyer may help you get your driving privileges restored. Whether you have lost your driver’s license for violation of the implied consent law, too many traffic tickets or having multiple drunk driving convictions, you need an experienced Michigan driver’s license restoration attorney working for you.

man driving a car after getting his license reinstated after speaking with a royal oak drivers license lawyer

The Facts About License Restoration in Michigan

Most license restoration cases involve appeals of a license revocation through an administrative appeals process handled by the Michigan Secretary of State drivers’ license appeal division (Driver Assessment and Appeal Division). Michigan has tight guidelines for when a person can apply for a license restoration.

In most cases, a person is limited to one revoked driver’s license appeal per year so it’s important to have an experienced license restoration lawyer presenting your strongest case for reinstatement of your driving privileges. Presenting a compelling case for license restoration includes an updated substance abuse evaluation and testimony of credible, well-prepared witnesses who can convince a judge that your alcohol abuse is under control and your driving won’t pose a hazard.

If you have lost your driver’s license following a drunk driving conviction or other traffic offense, and you represent yourself before the administrative law judge and lose, you may have to wait a year or longer to try again to obtain driving privileges. That’s a long time to wait if you depend on a car to get to work, school, run errands and look after your family.

If you refused to submit to a chemical breathalyzer test to determine your blood alcohol content, your driver’s license will be automatically suspended for one year for a first offense or two years for a second refusal. You may appeal the license suspension to the Driver Assessment and Appeal Division. But the appeal must be filed with DAAD within 14 days of your arrest.

In certain cases, you may file a petition in circuit court challenging the suspension or revocation of your driver’s license and seeking restoration of your driving privileges. A circuit court judge can restore your full driving privileges or grant restricted driving privileges.

Complete the form below

  • Bloomfield Hills, MI Office

    2525 S. Telegraph Rd. Suite 100
    Bloomfield Hills, MI 48302
    Phone: 248-221-1060
    Fax: 248-456-8470