If you have been accused of a felony or misdemeanor, here’s what you need to know to protect your rights and safeguard your future.
First, HIRE A CRIMINAL DEFENSE ATTORNEY IMMEDIATELY
Felonies are serious crimes and can result in years of jail time, while misdemeanors are “lesser” crimes with sentences ranging from 90 days or up to one year in jail. Both can have lasting impact on your freedom, reputation and employment.
Call our criminal defense lawyers. We check messages around the clock.
Our defense attorneys are professional and experienced – in Detroit, Troy, Rochester Hills, West Bloomfield, Bloomfield Hills, Royal Oak, Plymouth, Canton, Wayne County, Oakland County, Macomb County, and throughout Michigan, we defend all felony and misdemeanor crimes, ranging from drunk driving to probation violation to murder.
CALL A CRIMINAL DEFENSE LAWYER BEFORE TALKING TO THE POLICE
If you have not yet been charged with a crime and the police want to talk with you, call us first – NEVER consent to an interview without an attorney present. Statements that you may view as innocent can often be used against you later – ALWAYS call us first.
Here are some of the steps our qualified criminal lawyers can take:
- Obtain a low or personal bond.
- Review the case immediately for defects.
- Move to suppress evidence.
- Obtain vital information from the prosecution that may be used against you.
- Prevent important evidence such as 911 tapes, police dispatch tapes, vehicle information, video tapes, etc. from being lost or destroyed.
ARM YOURSELF WITH THE BEST DEFENSE
You need a criminal lawyer who will develop a clear strategy for your case and won’t push you to make hasty decisions. Only the judge has the ability to determine your sentence – you need an attorney who will present your unique situation to obtain the most lenient sentence possible.
Our attorneys can use the following tactics:
- Review and examine the police procedures to determine if your constitutional rights were violated.
- Interview witnesses.
- Make sure the prosecutor follows proper procedures.
- Negotiate plea bargains on your behalf.
- Negotiate sentencing deals eliminating the threat of jail.
- Take every opportunity to obtain a dismissal before trial.
- Work as co-counsel with other lawyers in those unique cases where additional resources are needed.